- Java 15 GA Release
- NYJavaSIG 25th Anniversary Event
- foojay — a place for friends of OpenJDK
- Let’s Get Lazy by Venkat Subramaniam
- Vector API is proposed to target JDK 16
- Developing Micronaut Applications With IntelliJ IDEA
- Bootiful Testing by Josh Long
- 21 Books Java Developers Should Read in 2020
- Kubernetes YAML Generator
- Design Bonos
- Elastic Metaspace proposed to target JDK 16
- JDK 15 G1/Parallel GC changes
- Cognitive Biases in Software Development
- Changelog CI?
- K9s - Kubernetes CLI To Manage Your Clusters In Style
Java 15 GA Release
NYJavaSIG 25th Anniversary Event
NYJavaSIG announced that they are hosting their 25th Anniversary with the help of:
- Sharat Chander - Leader of Java developer outreach program
- Brian Goetz - Java language architect
- James Gosling - Father of Java
- Venkat Subramaniam - Mentor/instructor for software devs
WHAT: NYJavaSIG 25th Anniversary Epic Event! WHEN: WED Sept 23, 2020 6:30-8:30pm EDT WHERE: Youtube Live (REGISTER)
They are also hosting a panel discussion:
Please join us and have an opportunity to ask this elite panel your burning Java questions. We’ll select the most frequently asked, most thoughtful, most controversial, and of course the funniest ones.
Submit your questions to our elite panel (mention which panelist):
foojay — a place for friends of OpenJDK
foojay is a place for friends of OpenJDK. foojay’s key features:
- Java Version Almanac
- OpenJDK Update Release Details
- OpenJDK Command Line Arguments
- Foojay Today (news about foojay)
- Comprehensive Search
Let’s Get Lazy by Venkat Subramaniam
Vector API is proposed to target JDK 16
The goal of the Vector API is expressing vector computations that reliably compile at runtime to optimal vector hardware instructions on supported CPU architectures and thus achieve superior performance to equivalent scalar computations. This API is targeted to JDK 16.
Developing Micronaut Applications With IntelliJ IDEA
Join JetBrains on September 18 for their new webinar on Developing Micronaut applications with IntelliJ IDEA.
Bootiful Testing by Josh Long
21 Books Java Developers Should Read in 2020
Kubernetes YAML Generator
Just click through what you need (Deployment, StatefulSet, DaemonSet) and the Octopus Kubernetes YAML Generator generates the config for you.
Directory of free resources for creatives: designbonos.com
Elastic Metaspace proposed to target JDK 16
JDK 15 G1/Parallel GC changes
JDK 15 just moved into the release candidate phase, this post recaps the significant changes in the G1 and Parallel GCs: JDK 15 G1/Parallel GC changes
Cognitive Biases in Software Development
Changelog CI is a GitHub Action that generates changelog. Then the changelog is prepended to CHANGELOG.md file and committed and/or commented to the release Pull request.
K9s - Kubernetes CLI To Manage Your Clusters In Style
K9s provides a terminal UI to interact with your Kubernetes clusters. The aim of the project is to make it easier to navigate, observe and manage your applications in the wild. K9s continually watches Kubernetes for changes and offers subsequent commands to interact with your observed resources.