Recent news in tech in a clamshell
- The Arrival of Java 15
- Announcing Tribuo, a Java Machine Learning library
- GitHub CLI 1.0
- Microsoft reveals findings from their experimental undersea datacenter
- OpenJDK: In the new age of Concurrent Garbage Collectors
- Four common pitfalls of the BigDecimal class and how to avoid them
- Venkat Subramaniam: Java is changing in a responsible manner
- Why and when you should use JPA
- Best Intellij IDEA Plugins
- Security by Obscurity is Underrated
- Never Skip Retros
The Arrival of Java 15
As you know, Java 15 was released last week, here’s an article by Sharat Chander about The Arrival of Java 15.
Announcing Tribuo, a Java Machine Learning library
Oracle has just announced Tribuo, an open source Java Machine Learning library.
GitHub CLI 1.0
GitHub CLI 1.0 is here 🎉— GitHub (@github) September 17, 2020
Take GitHub to the command line and interact with repositories, issues, pull requests, releases, and more.
✓ Free and open source
✓ Available for macOS, Windows, Linux
✓ GitHub Enterprise Server supported
Download it now: https://t.co/sWwgXttURj pic.twitter.com/JDTcsumffm
With GitHub CLI 1.0, you can:
- Run your entire GitHub workflow from the terminal, from issues through releases
- Call the GitHub API to script nearly any action, and set a custom alias for any command
- Connect to GitHub Enterprise Server in addition to GitHub.com
See the announcement: GitHub CLI 1.0 is now available.
Microsoft reveals findings from their experimental undersea datacenter
Microsoft’s Project Natick team deployed the Northern Isles datacenter on the seafloor in spring 2018. For the next two years, team members tested and monitored the performance and reliability of the datacenter’s servers: Microsoft finds underwater datacenters are reliable, practical and use energy sustainably.
OpenJDK: In the new age of Concurrent Garbage Collectors
Four common pitfalls of the BigDecimal class and how to avoid them
When doing currency calculations in Java, you might use java.math.BigDecimal - but beware of some of that class’s unique challenges: Four common pitfalls of the BigDecimal class and how to avoid them.
Venkat Subramaniam: Java is changing in a responsible manner
Java Magazine caught up with Dr. Venkat Subramaniam a few days before the official Java 15 launch: Java is changing in a responsible manner.
Why and when you should use JPA
An article from Java Persistence expert, Vlad Mihalcea: Why and when you should use JPA.
Best Intellij IDEA Plugins
A short list of suggested Intellij IDEA Plugins.
Security by Obscurity is Underrated
A few interesting thoughts from the information security field: Security by Obscurity is Underrated.
Never Skip Retros
An article about why you should do retrospectives: Never Skip Retros.